This event has already happened!
This event occurred in July 2022. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Jitney on Thursday 16th June - Saturday 9th July 2022
Jim Becker and his unlicensed drivers take the people of Pittsburgh Hill District where regular taxi cabs won’t – healing old wounds and tearing new ones as they pass the time in a condemned taxi rank between pick-ups.
Directed by Tinuke Craig (The Color Purple) and following an acclaimed run at Leeds Playhouse, August Wilson’s (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) groundbreaking modern classic explores the fragile bond between eight men as they live, love and work in a racially segregated, post-Vietnam America.
Cast includes: Geoff Aymer, Leanne Henlon, Wil Johnson, Leemore Marrett Jr and Tony Marshall.
For Accessibility information please contact the box office on 0344 871 7628
BSL interpreted: Mon 20 Jun, 7.30pm
Relaxed (also audio described and captioned): Sat 25 Jun, 2.30pm
Captioned: Mon 27 Jun, 7.30pm
Audio described: Fri 01 Jul, 7.30pm (Touch Tour, 5.30pm)
For full Covid-19 entry requirements, please click here.
1. If you test positive for COVID-19, display symptoms, or are asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace you can exchange your tickets.
2. If the show is cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other reason, you will be offered a free exchange or refund.
3. If the show is going ahead and you are able to attend, there will be no exchange or refund available.
2 hr 45 mins inc interval
Good To Know
- Everyone over the age of 12 will be required to show either proof of a negative lateral flow test taken on the day of their visit or evidence of natural immunity via a positive PCR test from within the past 11–90 days.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times within The Old Vic, including in the auditorium. The only exceptions are for those who are exempt from wearing face coverings, those under 12 years of age, and when people are eating or drinking in the building.
- Temperature checks at the door and hand sanitising stations will be in place.
- The house will open one hour prior to performance start time to minimise crowding.
- The cloakroom remains closed.
Suitable For Children
Recommended for ages 12+
This production includes violence, gun violence and racist language.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.