This event has already happened!
This event occurred in May 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
ARTWORXX on Friday 24th May 2019
ARTWORXX - THE LAUNCH X THE OS COMMUNITY X TRAIN JOURNEY MUSIC
ARTWORXX are linking up with the OS Community and Train Journey Music to provide a full spectrum sonic experience into the night. Blending visual and sonic art from ARTWORXX with two of the most exciting crews around. Expect a genre-crossing voyage from synth wave into lofi, leftfield bass, garage grooves, breakbeat, UK, electro, liquid d&b, house and techno.
- Antonis Papamichael *artist talk*
- Greg Abbott
- Hannah Iheoma Place
- Art workshop led by Antonis Papamichael
- Selection from ARTWORXX artists
- Screenprints and postcards (please bring cash)
- Digital art immersion (see below to submit work)
- For spoken word artists, vocalists and MCs
- Expect a selection of beats, from ethereal to high energy
- ARTWORXX x Train Journey Music
- Mugen (Train Journey Music)
- Jimi Perspective (Train Journey Music)
- Illusef (Train Journey Music)
- Colour Carver (Colour Your City)
- Baron b2b Greg (OS Community/ Creature Comforts)
- International JOE (OS Community/ Creature Comforts)
- Kieran Jandu (Phonica) b2b Dan Ali (Jupiters Melody)
- KT&T (Eastern Margins/ Hot Desk)
ARTWORXX was created to bring together artists from across disciplines to transform space and maximise its creative potential, whilst facilitating collaboration, artist development, creative skill sharing and providing participatory opportunities for expression. ARTWORXX is designed to be a roving programme, migrating from space to space. The inaugural chapter begins at The Cause, temporary DIY space which celebrates dance music culture, London nightlife, independent business and positive mental health. The Cause is based in a former car mechanics depot in Tottenham and has evolved into an ecosystem of independent business and community radio station Threads.
The launch on Friday 24th May will see the official unveiling of a redesign of the Garage at The Cause. The blackbox space is getting an injection of colour, led by artist and architect Antonis Papamichael and prop maker/ stylist Holly Nolan. The event will explore: the enduring appeal of retro wave, the neon city and clubs being portals to other worlds.
- To submit digital artwork please email links to your work with a short bio and social handles to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 22nd May.
Music Genres: Drum n Bass, Electro, House, Techno, UK Garage
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.